- Ego – could provide link between New Freewoman and the Egoist. It’s Loosey-goosey.
- Pieces that had “Ego”
- The Ego and His Own, by Max Stirner, 1913-8-1 and 1913-8-15, Advertisement
- Hobbled Minds, by “a grateful reader,” 1912-5-9 Vol 1 No 25. Letters
- Saying self or ascribing importance to self was similar. The ad used a more Freudian version of “ego,” and the letter was more psychobabble.
- Yes, the word ‘ego’ was being used in a early 20th century, existentialist way. But not expecting it in an ad.
- They both offered oblique views into the thoughts of a certain period.